Domains using Office 365 Exchange Online have the option to deploy Bracket email encryption without changing the MX records for Exchange Online. The video below provides an overview of this deployment option. All other Bracket functionality is the same once deployed.
Directions For Provisioning a New MX-less Bracket Domain
To provision a new domain in Mailprotector with MX-Less Bracket, you can follow the steps below. Please note that MX-less Bracket does not include CloudFilter or SafeSend.
- Log into the Mailprotector console at emailservice.io
- Navigate to the "Domains" tab at the top
- Select "Add Domain"
- Input the customer name and domain name
- Select the "Office 365" option under Email delivery
- Select "Add Domain" at the bottom of the page
- Select "Connect Office 365" to log in with a global admin account for the O365 tenant. Using a CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) admin account will not work.
- Input your O365 Administrator information and select "Deploy" to begin the process of pulling in users, setting up the outbound connector to Bracket, and the transport rule to trigger on the "" symbols.
After the setup completes, the domain is fully provisioned with Bracket only. Your users will be able to use the Bracket service within 5-10 minutes of deployment.
If you have any questions regarding setup, please reach out to the Partner Success team.
What Do I do if My Customer's Domain Already Has Bracket?
In this case, you will need to point all the DNS records back to O365.
Once that is completed:
- Remove the domain from Mailprotector by selecting the ellipse icon on the right-hand side of the domain's overview page. Once in that menu, go through the deletion process.
- Delete the Domain
- Recreate the domain using the steps above in the "Directions For Provisioning a New MX-less Bracket Domain."