Steps to create an outbound connector for Vadesecure journaling to bypass Mailprotector:
- Confirm the address that O365 is journaling to from the Compliance Management > Journal Rules page. This address will be under the "Send Journal Reports To" column. This can also be found by reviewing the outbound activity from the Mailprotector console. The address will most likely have a domain of "office365.us.vadesecure.com", "office365.eu.vadesecure.com" or "office365.asia.vadesecure.com".
- Confirm the smart host that should be used. This can be found via a MX lookup of the domain provided in Step 1. This will most likely be the domain name with mx- appended. For example a US Vadesecure domain will have a smarthost of "mx-office365.us.vadesecure.com". If this is not the case, you may need to reach out to Vadesecure to confirm Steps 1 and 2 before proceeding.
- From the Exchange Admin Center, Navigate to Mailflow > Connectors and click the + icon to create a new Connector.
- Set From: Office 365 and To: Partner organization and click Next.
- Name your connector as needed and click Next. The "Turn it on" check box can be unchecked if you are not yet ready to enforce this connector.
- Leave "Only when email messages are sent to these domains" selected, and click the + icon to add the domain name of the address gathered in Step 1. Click Next.
- Select "Route email through these smart hosts". And click the + icon to add the smart host gathered in Step 2. Click Next.
- Leave TLS defaults as is, and click Next.
- Click Next after confirming the configurations match what is expected, and then provide the full address gathered in Step 1 using the + icon. Once the address has been added, click Validate.
- Once the connectivity test has been completed. Click Close and Save. If the connectivity check did not pass, the connector can still be saved using the Save button, but the configurations should be reviewed prior to enabling the connector.