A User Alias allows a User to receive mail to several usernames on the same domain. For example, Brian@Domain.com can also receive mail to BMiller@Domain.com.
Note: The below instructions will not work for hosted Exchange users. Those aliases must be configured in the Exchange admin panel.
To add a User Alias:
- Navigate to the domain you'd like to add an alias for
- Select the "Users" tab at the top of the page
- Select the user you wish to add an alias to
- Select the "Aliases" button on the "Overview" page of the user's account
- Select the "Add a user alias" link to add a new user alias
- Type in the new user name
For example, if you want Brian@cloudfilterdemo.com to also receive mail to BMcNeal@cloudfilterdemo.com, type "BMcNeal" in the box, and click add:
The User Alias will appear in the list, and the user will now receive mail sent to both usernames.