Some users may have a need or desire to have an up to date view of their spam quarantine. This can be accomplished using the RSS feed with Outlook or other RSS-compatible clients.
Obtain the RSS Feed URL
- Login to the Console at https://console.emailservice.io
- Go to the user's spam quarantine
- Click the button that says Feed as shown in Figure 1.
- Viewing the Quarantine Feed page, select the link to receive the desired RSS feed as shown in Figure 2. Combined Quarantine Feeds includes the spam, virus, and policy quarantines. The Inbound Spam Quarantine feed only consists of the spam quarantine.
- Using the web page that opens as shown in Figure 3 copy the address from the browser's address bar by clicking once and selecting the entire URL. Then right-click and choose copy or press CTRL+C to copy the URL.
Add the RSS Feed URL to Outlook 2010
NOTE: Outlook 2016 for Mac does not support RSS Feeds. Please see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Can-I-add-an-RSS-feed-in-Outlook-2016-for-Mac-f4fed983-6df1-4785-8b20-73b2972bdc9f for more information.
NOTE: Adding an RSS Feed to Outlook 2013 and 2016 is slightly different. Please read Manually Add an RSS Feed to Outlook from the Microsoft Support article at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-are-RSS-feeds-E8AAEBC3-A0A7-40CD-9E10-88F9C1E74B97
Below are example instructions for adding the RSS feed to Outlook 2010:
- Click FILE, then ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- Click the RSS Feeds tab
- Click New
- Right-click in the blank address field and select Paste, or press CTRL+V
- The completed steps should look similar to Figure 4. Click the Add button to finish the steps.
- The RSS Feed Options window will open as shown in Figure 5. You can change the folder used for data storage and modify the download options. When finished, click the OK button.
- The RSS Feed has been added to Outlook and will be listed under the RSS Feeds folder in Outlook 2010 as shown in Figure 6.
The RSS feeds allow a user to view a summary of the messages in their quarantine directly from the email client. The feed contains quick links for releasing messages, but the user will need to login to the Console to delete messages.