NOTE: There is no tie between Exchange and Console passwords; resetting one will not impact the other.
To add new users to an existing domain or to add your list of valid users to a newly added domain, you will first login to the Mailprotector Console at emailservice.io. Then navigate to Domains | Select Domain to Manage | Users | Manage Exchange button.
Accessing the Exchange Panel
Accessing the Exchange Panel can be done under any domain that has the Exchange service enabled.
To access the Exchange Panel, you will:
- Log into the Mailprotector console at emailservice.io
- Navigate to the domain you want to access
- Select the "Users" tab while under the domain
- While under the "Users" tab, select the "Manage Exchange" button
The Manage Exchange button will log you into your Exchange panel where you will enter all Mailboxes, Contacts, Distribution Lists, alias, and public folder data. You will want to make sure all mail-enabled addresses are entered here prior to changing your MX records.
Enter the required information:
- Display name- The name displayed for the user. Ex.- John Doe
- Email address- enter anything before the ‘@’ in the user's address. Make sure to select the correct domain name from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the desired password.
- Select Mailbox plan: Basic, Advanced, or Premium
- When all entries are complete, click the “Create mailbox” button found near the bottom.
Related article: Adding multiple or Alias Domains.
NOTE: You will want to create mailbox entries, not users. When a mailbox is created, a user is also auto-created for that mailbox.
IMPORTANT: Any address not entered as a mail-enabled address (Mailbox/Contacts/Distribution Lists/Mail-enabled Public Folders) will be considered invalid and will generate an “Invalid recipient” return email to the sender.