- Login to the Mailprotector management console
- Select Settings from the menu tree down the right hand side of the page
On the “General” tab, in the “Outbound Mail” section, enter the IP address of the application mail server that we should accept outbound messages from where it says “Outbound SMTP host address”.
Target Hostname - <your domain>.outbound.emailservice.io
Make sure you relay from an address that is listed under your Users tab (either as a mailbox or an alias address).
Troubleshooting: Causes for failed delivery
- Public IP not listed in Settings > Outbound Mail
- Sending address not valid - Does not exist under Users.
- Outbound port 25 restricted
- Using TLS | Port 587
Configure your server or device to relay outbound using SMTP Auth.
UN: Address from your Users list
PW: The password created/used for this address (on your Mailprotector management panel)
The UN/address must be either a User or Equipment address
Your Username and Password information should be set on the specific address settings page (below). This is the full email address and password you will use when configuring SMTP Auth.
Navigate to User Settings
- Mailprotector Management Panel
- Search address - Search navigation bar
- Under the User or Equipment mailbox, Select Settings
Issue - Exchange server has TLS enabled but does not default to port 587
Solution - Run the following powershell command on your Exchange server - where "MySendConnector" is replaced with the name of your send connector.
Set-SendConnector "MySendConnector" -Port 587