- Option 1A - LDAP Sync
- Option 1B - Office 365
- Option 2 - Manual Entry
- Option 3 - Import CSV File
- Option 4 - Address Discovery - BETA
Option 1A (preferred for AD environments) - LDAP Directory Sync
Advantage - Preferred method for single point of management. Users are pulled automatically from your local Active Directory.
- Navigate to Domain -> Settings
- Click Directory Sync tab
- Define your Host (IP or hostname)
- Select Port (389 or 636)
- Create or use existing User DN for this search
- Define Search base - point to the location where users/mailboxes are created locally.
The LDAP directory sync runs once every 60 minutes, and will import all mail-enabled users into Mailprotector. Additions or changes are reported on this page along with any issues connecting to your AD servers.
For more information on the LDAP Sync settings, see our LDAP Directory Sync article.
Option 2 - Manual Entry
Advantage: For small to medium organizations
To add new users or manage existing users
- Login to Mailprotector Console
- Navigate to Domain or User Group to manage
- Click Users in the right navigation
- From the "Users" page click the “ADD USER" button found in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Enter the new user and optionally the first and last name.
- Click the “Add” button at the bottom of the form.
- Once you click the Add button you can choose to stay in the form and add more users, or you can click the button that says "I'm done" , which closes the form and updates the users table to show that it now contains the users you added.
Important: Make sure all valid addresses have been added to your domains user list. All other addresses are rejected at our perimeter as “Invalid recipient”.
Option 3 - Import CSV File
Advantage: Real-time mass update to your user list.
- Export all your current users to CSV file. Save this file locally (to be accessed when importing to Mailprotector)
- Click import on your Mailprotector Management panel.
- Click Choose File button to find your newly exported CSV file.
Note: Make sure your CSV file (for import matches the format shown below.
- Click the file to use for import and the green Import button.
Option 4 - Address Discovery (SMTP) - BETA
Advantage: Ability to add addresses on the fly. Mailprotector will scan and attempt delivery of a good message to the recipients mail server. If this server responds with a success '250', the address will be added to your Users page automatically.
Intended use: Enabling address discovery allows you to add new domains and turn on (change MX records immediately) without the fear of interruption to an organizations mail flow due to a missed address during provisioning. Address Discovery enables you to build this list automatically through normal email delivery.
- All addresses added to your list will be added as billable mailboxes. If this is an alias or resource mailbox, you will need to specify this on your Mailprotector management console.
- By default, Exchange edge servers will respond with a success '250' response for all addresses.
Here are some articles that talk about how to change this behavior with Office 365 and Exchange: