Mailprotector's normal support hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET, excluding holidays. The support team is ready and eager to help our partners during these hours, and we do our best to answer your support requests as quickly as possible.
Email is an important, if not critical component, of your and your clients' information technology. Things break, humans make mistakes, and the best-laid plans can all go sideways at a moment's notice. And we know, the most inopportune time for this to happen is when we are not around.
If you or your client is experiencing an emergency email down situation, Mailprotector has on-call staff ready to respond.
Emergency situations are stressful, and we will do our best to help you get out of a tight spot when there is no email flowing, and things are not working. Kindly consider the situation before escalating a support request after-hours. It's a bad day when:
- Email is not being delivered to the destination host
- One or more people cannot send email messages
- A user or domain has been disabled or blacklisted for suspicious activity
Escalating a Support Request
You have an emergency and need to get help as soon as possible.
- From the Mailprotector Console, click on the Contact Support link from the question mark icon at the upper-right of the page.
- Viewing the support page, you will see a notice above the support request form indicating it is after normal business hours as shown in Figure 1.
- Complete the support request form. Please be as descriptive as possible to help the on-call team member assist you as efficiently as we can. Provide a screenshot, if applicable, and it is handy to include the phone number you can be reached at for this emergency. In many cases, getting on the phone is the quickest path to next steps or a resolution. The support request form will look similar to Figure 2. Click the Submit button to create the support request.
- The ticket confirmation page will give you the ticket number that has been created along with the email address that will receive a confirmation message and the phone number you submitted. Towards the bottom of the confirmation page, you will find a red escalation button as shown in Figure 3. Click the Escalate to Emergency Support button to raise the alarm for our team to take action.
- Your emergency ticket has been submitted when you see the green Got it message as shown in Figure 4. You are done, and please be ready to work with the on-call team member in 30 minutes or less.