Hosted Exchange + is provisioned in three easy steps.
- Mailprotector Technical Support - Creates the Exchange account and provides access to the account manager from your Mailprotector management portal (Manage Exchange Button).
- Account Manager - Create all mailboxes, distribution lists, public folders, contacts and alias addresses.
- Account Manager - Change MX records (in DNS) to point to Mailprotector.
Note: Account Manager can be any Mailprotector manager with a role of Admin or Technical.
After provisioning you will want to configure your user accounts and email clients. Step 3 below (SRV record) is important in aiding in the creation of these email accounts and taking advantage of all Exchange related features.
You can find links to detailed instructions from the links below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.
- Provisioning my domain with Mailprotector Hosted Exchange + 2013
- Adding my valid addresses - Mailboxes, Distribution Lists, Contacts, Public Folders.
- Adding SRV record
- Starting my Hosted Exchange service with Mailprotector - Change MX records
- Configuring my email clients - Outlook, Mac Mail, other.
- Accessing my email online through Outlook Web Application (OWA)
- Setting up my mobile devices - iPhone
- Setting up my mobile devices - Android
- Configuring fax, printers, and other web applications to relay outbound with Mailprotector
If you are migrating from another Exchange (or other) mail server and would like to migrate the email and other data, you will want to see our knowledge base section on Migrations.